Sections

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Patchwork Baby Blanket




I had planned for this post's title to say "Quilted Baby Blanket", but, it is not in fact quilted. I'm a little scared to try quilting, plus I don't actually have a quilting machine, and didn't include a middle layer of batting, but maybe some day I'll be able to get ahold of a machine to help do the quilt stitching, although adding the layer of batting next time is easy enough, just a duh I didn't think was needed this time.


I simply cut the squares and sewed them together in a visually pleasing manner, and then sewed a soft, minky fabric to the backside for comfyness, and.....voila! A baby blanket!

Anywho, what do y'all think?!

Laying out all the pieces, trying to get  an idea of what looks good and making sure there aren't any repeats on any row or column of the same fabric...






 


Look at those seams!!

 
I mean, LOOK AT THEM!!! So clean, right?! :)


Front stitched to the back, only around the edges though, hence the not-quilted status....



I used the minky fabric you can get at Jo-Ann, but I'm not an expert on how to properly deal with it, aka iron it (or not?), so to get the wrinkles out, I ironed it and that ended up getting rid of the bumps! :(



Like I've said before, I'm not expert by any means, I'm just sharing my experience in learning how to do various crafts and methods, but I'm pretty happy with this blanket!

I just don't quite know what to do with it now..... lol

Craft ya laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I always love to hear what you think!