Sections

Monday, January 14, 2013

Skinner Blend Method - Pink, white, blue and silver

Previously on Artfire: Published On: 07-16-2012


I have had my pasta machine for playing with clay for about as long as I've had all my clay but had yet to properly do the Skinner Blend method to get a really good color shift going...until yesterday!

6441
Colors used : pink, blue and white

6442
This is after about 7 or 8 runs through the pasta machine.

6443
This is after about 15 or so runs through the pasta machine.

644664456444
All done!!!

I brought out all my cutters and wanted to do a good variety of shapes:

6447
6448
6450

The 2 ovals missing were pieces that stuck in the cutter at first so I set them aside on my silicone baking mat.

As you can see, I did a good deal of cutting, as well as using my zig-zag blade and getting a few strips in the middle.

6452

Look at all the awesome pieces I got!!! Most were from the original strip of blended clay, but a few I got from using silver with glitter as a base (for the broken hearts and the circles with swapped flower inserts) and then I used the silver for its own pieces bc it got a little blue and pink on the edges and when I ran through the pasta machine to ready for more backs, I saw the pink and blue stripes in there and couldn't resist them being their own pieces!

The butterflies on the bottom left as well as the squares were used with the silver base and broken pieces from the original rollout and pieces of the zig-zag cuts I'd made and then rolled into the silver using the pasta machine.

The top left section has a few free-form cuts I made just to see what they'd look like.

6453
Junk pieces on silver.
6454
Swapped flower inserts.
6459
Friendship heart necklace pendants.6458
Ice cream cones and free-form.6457
More free-form.6456
Totally outrageous Jem earring pieces? ;)
6460

Regular cuttings.6455
Kind of weathered looking pieces I might put floating sand/beach related floaters in under resin coating?

I can't wait to get some of these framed/sealed in resin, some maybe with a layer of filler as if they were in a bezel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I always love to hear what you think!