Sections

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Dangers of Cold Glass


Previously on Artfire: Published On: 07-16-2012

A quick note: anyone that plays with glass and a torch to make flameworked beads, beware the bead that's too big and your fiber blanket is too small/thin and/or not having a kiln readily available for those truly (would-be) awesome beads...

6480
6481

**Siiiiiiigh** That would have been a totally AWEsome bead!! If only I hadn't made it quite so big as I only currently have/had a fiber blanket and it just wasn't enough to keep this baby from cooling down too fast.

6482

This one was just a bit unlucky I think bc it may have just been a tiny bit too cold? I swear it was warm, just maybe not quite warm enough... 

I think since it's so hot in Central Texas (in the freaking 100s people!!), I may just try to bring out the torch and glass one day next month and see about getting some new stock made??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I always love to hear what you think!